|Sign In | Register | Shopping Cart | Subscribe to RSS Feed|
Current and Upcoming E-Courses and Online Retreats:
Be the first to learn about new e-courses amd other special content at Spirituality & Practice through our free E-Newsletter.
Sign up here.
Practicing Spirituality in Nature - 2009
Led by Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat
Edward Abbey once described his essays as "prose psalms which celebrate the divine beauty of the natural world." Come along with us on a retreat conducted via email and explore all the ways you can discover and celebrate the Divine in nature. You will receive 40 emails, each with a short quotations and a related practice suggestion.
We will savor the spiritual insights of Barbara Kingsolver, Linda Hogan, Barry Lopez, Jane Goodall, Joyce Rupp, Annie Dillard, Kent Nerburn, Rick Bass, Diane Ackerman, Wendell Berry, and many others. These poets, essayists, and naturalists tutor us in the spiritual practices of wonder, play, reverence, and attention.
Use this retreat as a way to enrich your experiences outdoors any time of year. Find out what prompted Henry David Thoreau to proclaim "My profession is always to be alert, to find God in nature, to know Godís lurking places, to attend to all the oratorios and the operas in nature."
This course will run for 40 days starting on Earth Day, April 22, 2009. Participants will receive an email each morning as well as access to an online Practice Circle where they can share their reactions to the readings and their experiences with the practices with other participants.
• X-The Mystery
• Being Present
Help Spread the Word about The E-Courses
• Download a brochure (pdf file) about our E-Courses and Online Retreats.
• Download a flyer (pdf file) about how you can set up a custom e-course for your group you choose the course, the frequency, and get your own private Practice Circle.
• Watch these Video Tutorials on "Site Navigation and Profile Set Up" and "The Practice Circle" for our E-Courses.
• What are people saying about the Practicing Spirituality E-Courses?
• Who are the e-course teachers?
• What do you mean by a practice suggestion?
• Can I get Continuing Education Hours for an E-Course or Online Retreat?>
• What happens if I sign up after the e-course has started?
• How do I post to the Sharing Forums and Practice Circles?
• How much does an e-course cost? Can I pay by credit card or check?
• What are your cancellation, refund, and scholarship policies?
• How do I set up my account?
• How do I get a password reminder?
• What are the discussion guides mentioned in my account?