|Sign In | Shopping Cart | Subscribe to RSS Feed|
Current and Upcoming E-Courses and Online Retreats:
Be the first to learn about new e-courses amd other special content at Spirituality & Practice through our free E-Newsletter.
Sign up here.
Practicing Spirituality with Sharon Salzberg
Led by Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat
Sharon Salzberg, one of S&P's Living Spiritual Teachers, played a crucial role in bringing Asian meditation practices to the West. After studying with teachers in India, Burma, and Tibet, she co-founded the Insight Meditation Society in Barre, Massachustts. A meditation teacher for more than three decades, Salzberg is a popular speaker at a wide variety of retreats and writes regularly in publications and on the Internet.
This accomplished Buddhist teacher keeps unfolding the riches of meditation, which she characterizes as "the art of knowing how to begin again." From the foundational practices of mindfulness and lovingkindness, she shows us how to pay attention to our world, express our compassion, break bad habits, recover from disappointments, and find more balance in our lives. She often emphasizes the little virtues, which she puts under the thematic umbrella of kindness.
"Practicing Spirituality with Sharon Salzberg" is a 40-part e-course led by Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat. Each day you will receive an email with a short selection from one of Salzberg's books and a suggestion for how you can practice the concept during the day.
The emails discuss how to apply her teachings on lovingkindness, compassion, generosity, equanimity, peace, and love, as well as some of the more subversive spiritual activities of the heart, such as rejoicing in another's happiness and being compassionate toward those who cause pain. Several cover Salzberg's creative interpretations of faith, a spiritual practice not often dealt with by Buddhists.
This e-course is available on-demand. Once you click on the "subscribe" button, you will be taken through a sign-up process during which you can choose to pay the $39.95 fee by credit card or check. You'll be emailed a receipt with a link to your "account page" where you can choose when you'd like the e-course to begin and how frequently (daily, three times a week, twice a week, or weekly) you would like to receive it. 6 CEHs for Chaplains available.
Help Spread the Word about The E-Courses
• Download a brochure (pdf file) about our E-Courses and Online Retreats.
• Download a flyer (pdf file) about how you can set up a custom e-course for your group you choose the course, the frequency, and get your own private Practice Circle.
• Watch these Video Tutorials on "Site Navigation and Profile Set Up" and "The Practice Circle" for our E-Courses.
• What are people saying about the Practicing Spirituality E-Courses?
• Who are the e-course teachers?
• What do you mean by a practice suggestion?
• Can I get Continuing Education Hours for an E-Course or Online Retreat?>
• What happens if I sign up after the e-course has started?
• How do I post to the Sharing Forums and Practice Circles?
• How much does an e-course cost? Can I pay by credit card or check?
• What are your cancellation, refund, and scholarship policies?
• How do I set up my account?
• How do I get a password reminder?
• What are the discussion guides mentioned in my account?