|Sign In | Register | Shopping Cart | Subscribe to RSS Feed|
Current and Upcoming E-Courses and Online Retreats:
Be the first to learn about new e-courses amd other special content at Spirituality & Practice through our free E-Newsletter.
Sign up here.
Child of the Light with Beth Richardson
Led by Beth Richardson, Sharon Conley, Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat
Subscribe to this E-Course
The Christmas season has become more of a chaotic consumer ritual than a nurturing spiritual time. This online retreat invites you to experience Advent and Christmas differently this year. Advent, which includes the four Sundays before Christmas, is for Christians a time of waiting, a time to prepare our hearts, minds, and spirits for the birth of the Christ child. Christmas, then, is the twelve days from December 25 through Epiphany on January 6. It is an opportunity to carry the joyful spirit of Christmas forward into the new year.
"Take time for God: that's exactly the challenge God gives us during this season," writes our retreat leader Beth Richardson. She is the Editor of Alive Now, a magazine published by The Upper Room that seeks to nourish people hungry for a sacred way of living.
This Advent/Christmas e-course is based on Richardson's book Child of the Light. It is designed to help you find a quiet center, a time out from busyness, to be with God. Daily emails include readings, reflections, and prayers inspired by Advent hymns:
Sing along with audio recordings of the hymns and carols and pray with special meditations based on the lyrics. Then share your own Advent/Christmas thoughts and feelings in the online Practice Circle with Beth Richardson and other participants from around the world.
Do you long for a more sacred and measured observance of Advent and Christmas this year? Let this online retreat joyfully carry you through these special days as a child of the light!
To register, click on the "Subscribe to E-Course" button below.
6 CEHs for Chaplains available.
Help Spread the Word about The E-Courses
• Download a brochure (pdf file) about our E-Courses and Online Retreats.
• Download a flyer (pdf file) about how you can set up a custom e-course for your group you choose the course, the frequency, and get your own private Practice Circle.
• Watch these Video Tutorials on "Site Navigation and Profile Set Up" and "The Practice Circle" for our E-Courses.
• What are people saying about the Practicing Spirituality E-Courses?
• Who are the e-course teachers?
• What do you mean by a practice suggestion?
• Can I get Continuing Education Hours for an E-Course or Online Retreat?>
• What happens if I sign up after the e-course has started?
• How do I post to the Sharing Forums and Practice Circles?
• How much does an e-course cost? Can I pay by credit card or check?
• What are your cancellation, refund, and scholarship policies?
• How do I set up my account?
• How do I get a password reminder?
• What are the discussion guides mentioned in my account?