|Sign In | Shopping Cart | Subscribe to RSS Feed|
Current and Upcoming E-Courses and Online Retreats:
Be the first to learn about new e-courses amd other special content at Spirituality & Practice through our free E-Newsletter.
Sign up here.
Practicing Spirituality with Thomas Keating
Led by Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat
The inimitable Thomas Keating is one of the foremost teachers of contemplative practices in the Christian tradition. One of S&P's Living Spiritual Teachers, he is a Trappist monk, a co-founder of the Centering Prayer movement, a prolific and accomplished author, the spiritual guide of Contemplative Outreach which has groups around the world, and a pioneer in the multifaith movement to foster understanding among the world's religions.
With these many gifts of the Spirit, Fr. Thomas is the ideal spiritual teacher to guide and inspire us as we travel together during the holy season of Lent. This e-course was originally presented during Lent 2013. For this on-demand version of it, we are keeping all the emails: Days 1 - 40 for the 40 days of Lent, plus Ash Wednesday, the Sundays in Lent, and Easter. In all there are 47 emails that will take you on a journey of transformation to change your ways of thinking, being, acting, and relating to our strange and wonderful world.
Similar in format to other S&P e-courses on the master teachers, each email consists of a short excerpt from one of Thomas Keating's books chosen by leaders Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat. A related practice or reflection question is then offered to encourage you to apply the teaching to your life. The "Sunday" emails link to short videos of Fr. Thomas.
The Christian contemplative tradition is rich with extraordinary insights and spiritual practices related to faith, grace, silence, communion with God, peace, and personal renewal. For Lent — or any other time of the year when you want to do a retreat — Thomas Keating has the keys to open you to fresh habits of prayer, new avenues of Divine connection, and oneness with others. To register, just click on the "Subscribe to E-Course" button below.
This e-course is available on-demand. Once you click on the "subscribe" button, you will be taken through a sign-up process during which you can choose to pay the fee by credit card or check. You'll be emailed a receipt with a link to your "account page" where you can choose when you'd like the e-course to begin and how frequently (daily, three times a week, twice a week, or weekly) you would like to receive it. 6 CEHs for Chaplains available.
Help Spread the Word about The E-Courses
• Download a brochure (pdf file) about our E-Courses and Online Retreats.
• Download a flyer (pdf file) about how you can set up a custom e-course for your group you choose the course, the frequency, and get your own private Practice Circle.
• Watch these Video Tutorials on "Site Navigation and Profile Set Up" and "The Practice Circle" for our E-Courses.
• What are people saying about the Practicing Spirituality E-Courses?
• Who are the e-course teachers?
• What do you mean by a practice suggestion?
• Can I get Continuing Education Hours for an E-Course or Online Retreat?>
• What happens if I sign up after the e-course has started?
• How do I post to the Sharing Forums and Practice Circles?
• How much does an e-course cost? Can I pay by credit card or check?
• What are your cancellation, refund, and scholarship policies?
• How do I set up my account?
• How do I get a password reminder?
• What are the discussion guides mentioned in my account?