|Sign In | Shopping Cart | Subscribe to RSS Feed|
Current and Upcoming E-Courses and Online Retreats:
Be the first to learn about new e-courses amd other special content at Spirituality & Practice through our free E-Newsletter.
Sign up here.
ReStorying Your Life with Christina Baldwin
Led by Christina Baldwin, Mary Ann Brussat
Words are how we think; stories are how we link. Stories are how we create order and make meaning out of our life experiences — whether we are sitting down at the end of the day and recounting a jumble of events until they come into sense, or looking back over the decades in search of patterns. We do this verbally, weaving through the social fields of our daily lives, and many of us — millions of private writers — also commit to sorting our lives in journals, blogs, emails, Facebook posts, letters, scrapbooks, collages, and photo collections. Technology for recording our lives is expanding exponentially.
"ReStorying Your Life with Christina Baldwin" is a new 12-part e-retreat in Spirituality & Practice's Elder Spirituality Project. It is designed for people interested in what is commonly called "life review." Life review can occur at any stage of life, particularly around transitions, leaps of growth, awareness of aging, and desire for more consciousness in how we are living out our life stories.
The e-course is divided into four parts with these themes:
This retreat was created by Christina Baldwin, one of S&P's Living Spiritual Teachers who has contributed two classics to the modern renaissance in personal writing: One to One, Self-Understanding through Journal Writing (1977, rev. 1991) and Lifeís Companion, Journal Writing as a Spiritual Quest (1990 ó revised subtitle Journal Writing as a Spiritual Practice, 2008). Her most recent book on writing, Storycatcher, Making Sense of our Lives through the Power and Practice of Story, reflects her passion for the stories of our lives that emerge from this practice. Describing her motivation for creating this e-course, she says:
To try your hand at reviewing your life through a variety of formats, sign up for this special e-course. You will receive:
This e-course is available on-demand. Once you click on the "subscribe" button below, you will be taken through a sign-up process during which you can choose to pay the $39.95 fee by credit card or check. You'll be emailed a receipt with a link to your "account page" where you can choose when you'd like the e-course to begin and how frequently (daily, three times a week, twice a week, or weekly) you would like to receive it. 4 CEHs for Chaplains available.
Help Spread the Word about The E-Courses
• Download a brochure (pdf file) about our E-Courses and Online Retreats.
• Download a flyer (pdf file) about how you can set up a custom e-course for your group you choose the course, the frequency, and get your own private Practice Circle.
• Watch these Video Tutorials on "Site Navigation and Profile Set Up" and "The Practice Circle" for our E-Courses.
• What are people saying about the Practicing Spirituality E-Courses?
• Who are the e-course teachers?
• What do you mean by a practice suggestion?
• Can I get Continuing Education Hours for an E-Course or Online Retreat?>
• What happens if I sign up after the e-course has started?
• How do I post to the Sharing Forums and Practice Circles?
• How much does an e-course cost? Can I pay by credit card or check?
• What are your cancellation, refund, and scholarship policies?
• How do I set up my account?
• How do I get a password reminder?
• What are the discussion guides mentioned in my account?