|Sign In | Shopping Cart | Subscribe to RSS Feed|
Current and Upcoming E-Courses and Online Retreats:
Be the first to learn about new e-courses amd other special content at Spirituality & Practice through our free E-Newsletter.
Sign up here.
Practicing Spirituality with Brian McLaren
Led by Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat
Lent is a perfect opportunity to spend some quality time taking stock of who we are, what we believe, what we stand for, and what we want to contribute to the world. Traditionally a season for reflection, revision, and renewal, it is a time to turn a page in our lives and open our hearts and minds to new possibilities.
We invite you to start this process with the writings of Brian McLaren. This prolific and profound writer, preacher, blogger, and teacher is profiled in Spirituality & Practice's Living Spiritual Teachers Project. He is a Christian adventurer whose exploration of the territory ahead has made him a leader of Emergence Christianity, an ecumenical movement of churches, Christian leaders, thinkers, and bloggers who seek to reinterpret the Gospel and the core values of the early Christian communities into practical strategies for our postmodern era.
McLaren speaks to those who want to live out the kingdom of God between Sundays — in their jobs, neighborhoods, families, schools, and businesses. He is an inspiration to those looking for fresh ways to worship, to bring theology down to earth, to engage with the popular culture, and to create communities that eschew exclusivism, judgmentalism, and an emphasis on heaven rather than on the many challenges of mending the broken world. In this multifaith era, he is also building bridges between Christians and other religions.
The readings from McLaren in this e-course will lift your spirits and turn on your creativity as you contemplate his ideas about a new global love economy, peacemaking, God's unterror movement, the art of plotting goodness, and ways of working for the common good. You will be surprised by his thought-provoking views on the events of Holy Week and Easter. Best of all, you'll discover why and how, in McLaren's words, "Jesus keeps coming back."
"Practicing Spirituality with Brian McLaren" was created by Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat, co-directors of Spirituality & Practice who have led more than 40 e-courses in this popular series. This one consists of 47 emails each with:
You will also be able to listen to a one-hour teleconference with Brian McLaren recorded when this e-course was first offered in 2014.
Take this Lenten e-course and discover for yourself why the solid and substantive vision of McLaren's Christianity appeals to mainline Protestants, Catholics, Evangelicals, and spiritual seekers of all stripes. We predict that more often than not during this journey, you will discover that Brian McLaren directly address the questions you are thinking about during your Lenten focus on self-renewal. And by the end, you will have an abundance of inspiring quotes, startling and practical ideas, and simple practices for your spiritual journey of transformation.
This e-course is available on-demand. Once you click on the "subscribe" button below, you will be taken through a sign-up process during which you can choose to pay the fee by credit card or check. You'll be emailed a receipt with a link to your "account page" where you can choose when you'd like the e-course to begin and how frequently (daily, three times a week, twice a week, or weekly) you would like to receive it. 6 CEHs for Chaplains available.
Help Spread the Word about The E-Courses
• Download a brochure (pdf file) about our E-Courses and Online Retreats.
• Download a flyer (pdf file) about how you can set up a custom e-course for your group you choose the course, the frequency, and get your own private Practice Circle.
• Watch these Video Tutorials on "Site Navigation and Profile Set Up" and "The Practice Circle" for our E-Courses.
• What are people saying about the Practicing Spirituality E-Courses?
• Who are the e-course teachers?
• What do you mean by a practice suggestion?
• Can I get Continuing Education Hours for an E-Course or Online Retreat?>
• What happens if I sign up after the e-course has started?
• How do I post to the Sharing Forums and Practice Circles?
• How much does an e-course cost? Can I pay by credit card or check?
• What are your cancellation, refund, and scholarship policies?
• How do I set up my account?
• How do I get a password reminder?
• What are the discussion guides mentioned in my account?