- Walking meditation is one of the key teachings of Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh. These two practices are excerpted from his definitive combination book and CD, Walking Meditation, co-written with Nguyen Anh-Huong:
The Welcoming Path
Walk Like a Tiger
- Protestant minister Bruce G. Epperly and Rabbi Lewis D. Solomon include in their books some practices for when you are walking:
- Adair Lara has a spiritual practice that can be used while walking home after work.
- Andrew Harvey presents a spiritual practice of imagining Jesus or Mary at your side while walking.
- Jay Marshall delivers a series of spiritual practices designed to make a walk joyful.
- Pragito Dove offers a four-minute meditation on walking down the street.
More Spiritual Practices on Walking