- William Martin finds in the writings of Lao-tzu keys to letting go, which is necessary for spiritual transformation.
- Donna Schaper compares the transformation of our lives to the process of restoring old chairs; first clear away all the junk and then let the true beauty underneath come to the fore.
- Frederick Buechner praises AA as a model for spiritual transformation with its community building, sharing, and reliance upon God.
- Jamal Rahman, a Sufi, ponders the little processes of inner growth that Rumi identifies as steps on the path of spiritual transformation.
- Catholic Thomas Ryan presents alternate forms of fasting as practices that can lead to spiritual transformation.
More Book Excerpts about Transformation