BJ Gallagher is a prolific author, storyteller, and poet who writes inspirational books in several genres. You can visit her at www.bjgallagher.com. In this spunky volume, she picks up spiritual wisdom from many different places: her experiences, quotations from others, and poetry. These are presented through clever designs.
She begins with a poem on "Surrender" which ends with the promise that miracles will surface in your life when you give up the notion of controlling the world around you. In short chapters on freedom from fear, answered prayers, inspired by grace, trust in divine guidance, humble service and contribution, freedom from ego, unconditional forgiveness, learning to love one another, and living a life of gratitude, the author serves up a substantive smorgasbord of spiritual insights.
A major motif in the book is faith. Here is a sampler of quotations on the subject:
• "When you come to the edge of all the light that you know and are about to drop off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught to fly."
— Patrick Overton
• "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
— Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
• "Faith is not something to grasp; it is a state to grow into."
• "Faith doesn't wait until it understands; in that case it wouldn't be faith."
— Erich Fromm
• "Without faith, nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible."
— Mary McLeod Bethune