We enter the wisdom circle [or other small group dialogue] with a commitment to explore our basic inquiry: How can we continue to survive, dream, hope, and carry on in this time of change and transformation? How can we release rigid patterns of thinking and broaden our perspective? Let’s set aside philosophical debate and listen to each other with an open heart. Let’s begin by asking provocative questions, questions that push us to reconsider the values and assumptions upon which we base our lives.
[Follow the Wisdom Circle Process or other collaborative dialogue process using the following questions:]
- What vision do you have for yourself, your family, your organization?
- How does your current situation compare to your vision?
- How optimistic are you that your vision can be realized? What is helping and what is hindering you in realizing your vision?
- What makes you feel powerless to make changes? What encourages you to move forward and make the changes that are needed?
- What is the most personally exciting commitment you will make toward building a fulfilling future for yourself, the group, etc.?— Charles Garfield, Cindy Spring, Sedona Cahill in Wisdom Circles