Mars Hill Church in Michigan offers suggestions on how to listen to a sermon in worship. They offer a simple framework, a discipline for listening for the voice of God through the words of another.
- What words, phrases, or ideas did you connect with? Why?
- Was there anything that disturbed you or felt unsettling? Why?
- What did you hear that you want to know more about?
- Finish this sentence: If I take this seriously, then that would mean _____________________.
- What questions does this raise for you?
- If you had to draw what you just heard, what would you draw?