|Sign In | Shopping Cart | Subscribe to RSS Feed|
Current and Upcoming E-Courses and Online Retreats:
Be the first to learn about new e-courses amd other special content at Spirituality & Practice through our free E-Newsletter.
Sign up here.
Welcome to Spirituality & Practice's E-Courses
These popular spiritual growth and self-improvement programs are designed to fit your schedule and your budget.
Most of us love to go on a spiritual retreat:
We bring the retreats to you! Our E-Courses, Online Retreats, and 21-day Programs turn your email inbox into a spiritual retreat center.
You can participate in our many exceptional programs in two ways. One is by taking them when they are a "current" program during a specific time frame. Another way is by taking them on-demand where you choose your own start date and how frequently you want to receive the course content.
Scroll down this page to explore Current and upcoming E-Courses.
Visit these pages to see programs available on-demand:
Subscribe today and join our growing spiritual community.
Each of these E-Courses and Online Retreats has a private Practice Circle where you can share your wisdom and experiences with other participants from around the world. These programs run during a specific time frame but latecomers will find all the emails archived on their account page.
April 13 - May 8
Breaking Free: Spiritual Liberation through Interfaith Dialogue with the Interfaith Amigos is a one-month online retreat with Imam Jamal Rahman, Rabbi Ted Falcon, and Pastor Don Mackenzie. They look at specific issues we face in a pluralistic society and the spiritual practices that can help us transcend those roadbloccks to effective collaboration on the critical issues of our time. Through 12 emails, the Interfaith Amigos will focus on why we need spiritual practices, the five stages of interfaith dialogue, the major ways religious traditions stray, and confronting our major obstacles. Participants will have opportunities to interact with the Interfaith Amigos and share their own interfaith experiences in the online Practice Circle and during a one-hour teleconference.
February 18 - April 5
Practicing Spirituality with Edward Hays - Lent 2015 is an e-course for the 40 days of Lent plus the Sundays of Lent and Easter. It focuses on the everyday spirituality teachings of Edward Hays, a Catholic priest, former director of a contemplative center, and author of more than 30 bestselling books on contemporary spirituality. You will receive daily emails with short passages from Hays' books as well as suggestions for how to practice that thought during the day. Then in the online Practice Circle we'll share our responses to the readings and our experiences with the practices. Led by Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat.
February 18 - April 3
Silence and the Spiritual Journey with Thomas Keating is an online retreat for Lent that explores traditional signposts on the spiritual journey of purification into illumination and understanding and further into contemplation and union. You will receive a combination of email, video, and audio teachings as well as the opportunity to share and connect with others in the online Practice Circle. Included will be video excerpted from the Spiritual Journey DVD series, previously unpublished interviews of Fr. Thomas Keating, and new audio teachings with Fr. Thomas recorded especially for this retreat. This retreat offers a contemplative engagement with scripture and the liturgical themes of Lent. Led by Contemplative Outreach.
Help Spread the Word about The E-Courses
• Download a brochure (pdf file) about our E-Courses and Online Retreats.
• Download a flyer (pdf file) about how you can set up a custom e-course for your group you choose the course, the frequency, and get your own private Practice Circle.
• Watch these Video Tutorials on "Site Navigation and Profile Set Up" and "The Practice Circle" for our E-Courses.
• What are people saying about the Practicing Spirituality E-Courses?
• Who are the e-course teachers?
• What do you mean by a practice suggestion?
• Can I get Continuing Education Hours for an E-Course or Online Retreat?>
• What happens if I sign up after the e-course has started?
• How do I post to the Sharing Forums and Practice Circles?
• How much does an e-course cost? Can I pay by credit card or check?
• What are your cancellation, refund, and scholarship policies?
• How do I set up my account?
• How do I get a password reminder?
• What are the discussion guides mentioned in my account?