|Sign In | Shopping Cart | Subscribe to RSS Feed|
Current and Upcoming E-Courses and Online Retreats:
Be the first to learn about new e-courses amd other special content at Spirituality & Practice through our free E-Newsletter.
Sign up here.
Welcome to Spirituality & Practice's E-Courses
These popular spiritual growth and self-improvement programs are designed to fit your schedule and your budget.
Most of us love to go on a spiritual retreat:
We bring the retreats to you! Our E-Courses, Online Retreats, and 21-day Programs turn your email inbox into a spiritual retreat center.
You can participate in our many exceptional programs in two ways. One is by taking them when they are a "current" program during a specific time frame. Another way is by taking them on-demand where you choose your own start date and how frequently you want to receive the course content.
Scroll down this page to explore Current and upcoming E-Courses.
Visit these pages to see programs available on-demand:
Subscribe today and join our growing spiritual community.
Each of these E-Courses and Online Retreats has a private Practice Circle where you can share your wisdom and experiences with other participants from around the world. These programs run during a specific time frame but latecomers will find all the emails archived on their account page.
January 1 - 31
Poetry to Transform Your Life with Roger Housden will bring you one month of daily emails to start the New Year with poems especially chosen by Roger Housden for their ability to awaken you to fresh ways of seeing both yourself and the world. Poets represented include Mary Oliver, Galway Kinnell, Hafiz, Rumi, Kabir, Rainer Maria Rilke, Naomi Shihab Nye, James Wright, Ellen Bass, Leonard Cohen, Czeslaw Milosz, Jean Pierre de Causadde, Derek Walcott, Wendell Berry, and many others. Each email will also include a commentary on the poem by Roger Housden, a process for consciously reflecting on the poem, a simple practice to bring the poem's meaning into your life, and an audio recording of the poem by Housden. Participants will also discuss the poems' meanings in their lives with a worldwide community in the online Practice Circle. Housden is the bestselling author of the Ten Poems to Change Your Life series of books and is renowned for his inspired recitations of sacred poetry.
January 12 - February 6
Holy Silence: The Quaker Way with J. Brent Bill is a one-month online retreat on embracing silence as the Quakers do, encountering God in a living and vital holy hush. This is a quiet inner place where God teaches us directly, granting us insights, guidance, and understanding of spiritual truth. We learn to marry faith with daily life. This e-course is being led by J. Brent Bill, a lifelong member of the Religious Society of Friends and author of numerous books on Quaker spiritual practices. Through 12 emails he will share how to practice a silence deeper than words and offer tools for entering into it, including Quaker Queries, a unique form of asking non-directive questions for spiritual growth. Participants will also discuss their journey into spiritual silence in the online Practice Circle and during a one-hour teleconference with J. Brent Bill.
Help Spread the Word about The E-Courses
• Download a brochure (pdf file) about our E-Courses and Online Retreats.
• Download a flyer (pdf file) about how you can set up a custom e-course for your group you choose the course, the frequency, and get your own private Practice Circle.
• Watch these Video Tutorials on "Site Navigation and Profile Set Up" and "The Practice Circle" for our E-Courses.
• What are people saying about the Practicing Spirituality E-Courses?
• Who are the e-course teachers?
• What do you mean by a practice suggestion?
• Can I get Continuing Education Hours for an E-Course or Online Retreat?>
• What happens if I sign up after the e-course has started?
• How do I post to the Sharing Forums and Practice Circles?
• How much does an e-course cost? Can I pay by credit card or check?
• What are your cancellation, refund, and scholarship policies?
• How do I set up my account?
• How do I get a password reminder?
• What are the discussion guides mentioned in my account?