|Sign In | Shopping Cart | Subscribe to RSS Feed|
Current and Upcoming E-Courses and Online Retreats:
Be the first to learn about new e-courses amd other special content at Spirituality & Practice through our free E-Newsletter.
Sign up here.
Practicing Spirituality with Thomas Moore
Led by Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat
Subscribe to this E-Course
In the past 20 years, Thomas Moore has almost single-handedly revived interest in the soul. His bestselling books have also provided an adventuresome map of everyday spirituality. Moore was a monk in a Catholic religious order for 12 years and then practiced psychotherapy. He is a Renaissance man whose works are filled with illustrative material from mythology, psychology, philosophy, and contemporary spirituality. He has taken the pulse of the times and come to the conclusion that "loss of soul" is the cause of the restlessness, addiction, insecurity, and frustration of so many men and women.
We have long appreciated Moore's recipes for soulful living. He helps us see that we can learn from our flaws, follies, and tragedies. He correctly proclaims that soul cannot be separated from body, family, work, love, politics, or power. By challenging us to care for our souls, Moore draws a bead on the bounties of spirituality. In the end, he calls us to our true vocation to care for the world's soul and to celebrate the sacred arts of life.
"Care of the soul," he has written, "requires craft skill, attention, and art. To live with a high degree of artfulness means to attend to the small things that keep the soul engaged in whatever we are doing." This is exactly what we do in "Practicing Spirituality with Thomas Moore," a 40-part e-course. Each email offers a brief quotation from Moore's writings and a practice suggested by this teaching.
Join us on this journey as we care for our souls by cultivating the sacredness of everyday life. 6 CEHs for Chaplains available.
This e-course is available on-demand. Once you click on the "subscribe" button, you will be taken through a sign-up process during which you can choose to pay the $39.95 fee by credit card or check. You'll be emailed a receipt with a link to your "account page" where you can choose when you'd like the e-course to begin and how frequently (daily, twice a week, three times a week, or weekly) you would like to receive it.
Help Spread the Word about The E-Courses
• Download a brochure (pdf file) about our E-Courses and Online Retreats.
• Download a flyer (pdf file) about how you can set up a custom e-course for your group you choose the course, the frequency, and get your own private Practice Circle.
• Watch these Video Tutorials on "Site Navigation and Profile Set Up" and "The Practice Circle" for our E-Courses.
• What are people saying about the Practicing Spirituality E-Courses?
• Who are the e-course teachers?
• What do you mean by a practice suggestion?
• Can I get Continuing Education Hours for an E-Course or Online Retreat?>
• What happens if I sign up after the e-course has started?
• How do I post to the Sharing Forums and Practice Circles?
• How much does an e-course cost? Can I pay by credit card or check?
• What are your cancellation, refund, and scholarship policies?
• How do I set up my account?
• How do I get a password reminder?
• What are the discussion guides mentioned in my account?