Go to the library or a bookstore and get a book of art by Marc Chagall that contains his painting The Birthday. It portrays the deliciousness of romantic love as a man floats in a room after greeting his future bride with a kiss and a bouquet of flowers. Contemplate what love in your life makes you feel that way.
- Mary Rose O'Reilley in The Barn at the End of the World recommends a Zen practice to deal with the fear that can shut down love.
- The Heart of God is a collection of short love prayers by Rabindranath Tagore, including one on playing the music of love.
- Dr. Robin Meyers in Morning Sun on a White Piano writes a prescription for a more sacramental life: show simple affection.
- Thich Nhat Hanh in Teachings on Love offers a mantra practice for lovers.
- Daphne Rose Kingma in The Book of Love advises making a habit of complementing others.
- Gabriel Mojay in Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit describes an unusual way to affirm your intention to be faithful in love.
- John O'Donohue in Anam Cara suggests that, in gratitude for the blessings of your own relationship, you send love out into the world.
More Spiritual Practices on Love