|Sign In | Shopping Cart | Subscribe to RSS Feed|
Current and Upcoming E-Courses and Online Retreats:
Be the first to learn about new e-courses amd other special content at Spirituality & Practice through our free E-Newsletter.
Sign up here.
Practicing Spirituality with the Peacemakers
Led by Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat
Subscribe to this E-Course
"The earth is too small a star and we too brief a visitor upon it, for anything to matter more than the struggle for peace," wrote Coleman McCarthy. This fall, as Americans prepare to vote for a new President, is a good time for us to bear witness to this truth.
We live in an extremely violent world where revenge is often the only way individuals and societies deal with problems. Ethnic and tribal conflicts are a continuing obstacle to community. Wars between nations are becoming more dangerous every day, especially given the number of nuclear weapons still stockpiled by the major powers. Locally, we are faced with an increasingly adversarial culture where vehement argument is a way of life, and dialogue and cooperation are discarded. Culture wars dominate the headlines and the airwaves as conflicts over values, gender, race, and class show no signs of abating.
In "Practicing Spirituality with Peacemakers" we offer an alternative way of living that is built on the strong spiritual foundations of nonviolence, living together harmoniously, forgiving and being reconciled with others, and seeking common ground.
We start with the inner peace of contemplation and then move out to bringing peace to the family, neighborhood, and workplace. All this involves the practice of lovingkindness and compassion in the midst of the daily grind where tensions reign and tempers often flare. And then we'll take the personal and make it political as we study how peacemakers have resisted the formidable powers of war and destruction.
We share the teachings and inspirational practices of peacemakers such as Mahatma Gandhi, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Thich Nhat Hanh, Desmond Tutu, Joan Chittister, Bernie Glassman, Daniel Berrigan, John Dear, and many others. The emails each include a short passage to contemplate and a related practice to try that day. Join us on the frontlines of peacemaking in our times.
6 CEHs for Chaplains available.
This e-course is available on-demand. Once you click on the "subscribe" button, you will be taken through a sign-up process during which you can choose to pay the fee by credit card or check. You'll be emailed a receipt with a link to your "account page" where you can choose when you'd like the e-course to begin and how frequently (daily, twice a week, three times a week, or weekly) you would like to receive it.
50% off all e-courses in the
Practicing Spirituality Series.
Full price: $39.95
Sale Price: $19.98
suffering and loss practice activism community conflict resolution elections human rights nonviolence
Help Spread the Word about The E-Courses
• Download a brochure (pdf file) about our E-Courses and Online Retreats.
• Download a flyer (pdf file) about how you can set up a custom e-course for your group you choose the course, the frequency, and get your own private Practice Circle.
• Watch these Video Tutorials on "Site Navigation and Profile Set Up" and "The Practice Circle" for our E-Courses.
• What are people saying about the Practicing Spirituality E-Courses?
• Who are the e-course teachers?
• What do you mean by a practice suggestion?
• Can I get Continuing Education Hours for an E-Course or Online Retreat?>
• What happens if I sign up after the e-course has started?
• How do I post to the Sharing Forums and Practice Circles?
• How much does an e-course cost? Can I pay by credit card or check?
• What are your cancellation, refund, and scholarship policies?
• How do I set up my account?
• How do I get a password reminder?
• What are the discussion guides mentioned in my account?