Therapeutic Touch is a contemporary interpretation of several ancient healing practices. At the minimum these venerable therapeutic skills integrate:
1. the continued centering of the healer's consciousness as a back-drop to the Therapeutic Touch process itself
2. some aspects of the laying-on of hands
3. the therapeutic use of the vital-energy field
5. the knowledgeable use of the therapist's own chakras
6. the use of breath in the expression of intentionality
7. the expression of compassion as power
8. mind-to-mind communication, particularly for those who are in critical condition, near death, or unable to communicate; it is also helpful for children and persons who are psychotic.