"Death is not a cosmic mistake. Woven into the warp and woof of existence, the presence of death deepens our appreciation of life. It also regenerates our psyches in preparation for harvesting. The more we embrace our mortality not as an aberration of God and nature, but as an agent urging us on to life completion, the more our anxiety transforms into feelings of awe, thanksgiving, and appreciation."
These words by Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, founder of the Spiritual Eldering Institute, now known as Sage-ing International invite us to consider mortality in many ways. In this new e-course in S&P's Elder Spirituality series, leaders from Sage-ing International will help us focus on four different ways to harvest your life’s wisdom, become more fully alive, and make peace with death and dying. The dimensions we will consider throughout the twelve sessions are:
- Social dimension – Facing Mortality
- Psychological dimension – Accepting Mortality
- Physical dimension – Embracing Mortality
- Spiritual dimension – Celebrating Mortality
For this exclusive online retreat, you will receive:
- Emails containing stories, meditations, and multi-media resources;
- Carefully crafted exercises to help you make peace with the cycles of nature and the seasons of our lives, from unknown to known to unknown.
Facing and accepting our mortality is a doorway to self-discovery. Ahead of us is the joy of harvesting life’s wisdom and becoming a sage. But first we must walk through that door and make peace with death and dying. Come take this important journey. (4 CEHs for chaplains available.)
(choose your own start date and frequency)