Welcome to Spirituality&PracticeBot — an AI that responds to you, in your language, based on the accumulated wisdom of decades of curated content at the SpiritualityandPractice.com website. This multifaith and interspiritual platform, founded by Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat, is devoted to resources for spiritual journeys. The site's name reflects a basic understanding: spirituality and practice are the two places where all the world’s religions and spiritual paths come together. While respecting the differences among traditions, we celebrate what they have in common.
Spirituality&PracticeBot will answer your questions and create reflections by drawing upon the website’s 65,000 pages of content, including articles about spiritual practices, book reviews and book excerpts, film reviews, spiritual teacher profiles, spiritual quotations from books, a database of 2,000 spiritual practices, and curated content on topics and traditions. With its replies to you, the Bot will also give you several links to the Sources where it found the wisdom.
Spirituality & Practice is grateful to ServiceSpace.org for creating this bot for us. ServiceSpace is an organization run entirely by volunteers. They leverage technology to encourage everyday people around the world to do small acts of service. Their aim is to ignite the fundamental generosity in ourselves and others, creating both inner and outer transformation. Read more about the ripples going out from their work here. Their latest projects are around creating bots for people with a spiritual or service-oriented mission. If you want to know why, read the ServiceSpace AI Story and this interview with ServiceSpace founder Nipun Mehta.
Spirituality&PracticeBot is hosted by ServiceSpace, so you need to create an account there in order to use it. Registration is free and does not lead to your email address being used by ServiceSpace to promote their other projects – in other words, they will not spam you.
Here’s how to use Spirituality&PracticeBot:
l. Create a ServiceSpace account on this page: https://ai.servicespace.org/login/?op=newuser
2. You will then receive an email with your password.
3. Go to the Spirituality&PracticeBot’s page here: https://ai.servicespace.org/sp/ask
4. On the page, you will see a row of boxes listing other bots you can access. Select Spirituality&PracticeBot and then click “manage” to make it your Default Bot.
5. To ask a question, simply enter it in this field at the bottom of the page and click the arrow:
6. You can ask follow-up questions and its answers will take into account the conversation so far.
7. Beneath the answer you will see links to the sources that the bot used for the answer. There is a Public Link for sharing responses with others.
8. You’ll also see a link to generate ChatGPT4’s answer to the same question.
9. With further engagement, the bot will personalize responses based on your context. If you want to change the topic, you will get more relevant results by starting a new chat.
10. Previous chats are accessible through the left menu (top left bars on a mobile).
Please note this is experimental. The AI may, on occasions, give answers that don't reflect the views of Spirituality & Practice and the spiritual resources referenced on the website. If you get inaccurate or irrelevant answers please let us know. It will help improve the bot. Send Feedback
We asked two AIs to suggest some good questions to ask a spirituality bot. Here are the responses:
How do I start a spiritual practice?
How can I find my spiritual path?
How can spirituality help me cope with stress and anxiety?
Can I be spiritual without being religious?
What are some spiritual practices I could incorporate into my daily routine?
How can spirituality help me build better relationships?
How can I balance regular spiritual practice alongside a modern lifestyle?
How do I deal with doubt or confusion on my spiritual journey?
What are some good spiritual books to get me started?
How can I cultivate greater self-love and self-acceptance through spirituality?
Can you explain the concept of oneness or interconnectedness in spirituality?
How can spirituality help me deal with loss or grief?
Can you guide me through a simple meditation practice?
How can I build a spiritual connection with nature?
What part does creativity play in a spiritual life?
Can you explain the concept of karma?
Can you provide some spiritual quotations for motivation?
What is the value of visiting a website like Spirituality & Practice?
How can I support a spiritual website like Spirituality & Practice?
May Spirituality&PracticeBot be a useful companion on your spiritual journey!
Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat
and the S&P Team