"What do you do when someone behaves rudely to you?
• Get upset.
• Respond rudely.
• Become frustrated.
• Run away from the person or avoid the situation in the future.
• Blame the person.
• Preach to the person.
"None of these will in any way strengthen you. What are the options? See someone's rude behavior in this light:
• Rudeness indicates the intensity of their commitment.
• It indicates their level of stress and insensitivity.
• It attests to the upbringing of the person.
• It indicates a persistent behavioral pattern.
• It shows a lack of knowledge.
• It shows a lack of insight into their own mind and its sensations.
• It shows you behavior to avoid.
• It is an opportunity for you to welcome and absorb the rudeness.
• It strengthens your mind.
• It renders unconditional the love that you are.
"The next time someone is rude to you, make sure you do not get upset. Just return a broad smile. If you can digest rudeness, nothing whatsoever can shake you."