Lama Surya Das is one of the foremost Buddhist meditation scholars and teachers, a main interpreter of Tibetan Buddhism in the West, and a leading spokesperson for the emerging American Buddhism. We've reviewed many of his books and profile him in the Living Spiritual Teachers Project. The Dalai Lama has called him "The Western Lama."
In this handy and entertaining collection of insight gems and original sayings, Lama Surya Das presents fresh perspectives on our spiritual nature and helpful tools for uncovering the divine in everyday life. Here's a sampler:
• "Laughter is the best medication."
• "True spirituality doesn't take us
away from the world.
It connects us even more deeply."
• "Contentment is true wealth."
• "Life is precious.
Handle with prayer."
• "Forgiveness is heart healthy."
• "The Mouse Principle of Life Processing
Let go or get dragged."
• "Breathe, focus, smile.
Let go and let be."
• "Nature is our treasure.
Reverence comes naturally."
• "You are far more Buddha-full
than you think."