Allen Klein is an award-winning professional speaker and bestselling author of The Courage to Laugh: Humor, Hope, and Healing in the Face of Death and Dying and many other books. In this inspirational and wide-ranging collection of quotations about love, he takes a subject that seems very overworked and leaky, and manages to pull together a commendable resource for writers and speakers of all stripes.
The quotes are divided into thematic sections on what is love, falling in love, first love, romantic love, loving couples, a mother's love, loving yourself, hugs and kisses, love conquers all, and unconditional love. Here you will find quotes from ancient and modern sources; philosophers, actors, and writers; the famous and little known creative souls. The following sampler will give you a sense of what's in this top-of-the-line paperback:
• "Love is the greatest refreshment in life."
— Pablo Picasso
• "The heart that loves is always young."
— Greek Proverb
• "Love is space and time measured by the heart."
— Marcel Proust
• "We are most alive when we're in love."
— John Updike
• "Marriage should be a duet — when one sings, the other claps."
— Joe Murray
• "A kiss is like singing into someone's mouth."
— Diane Ackerman
• "Love builds bridges where there are none."
— R. H. Delaney