Kything prayer engages the imagination to focus on the interconnectedness between all people, all creatures, all creation, and God. It calls the pray-er to a stance of transformative love in relation to "the other." For many people, this form of prayer may be indispensable for building a truly just peace. I offer a version I have developed in my own life.
• Consider an individual or group that you are with or soon to be encountering. Hold them in your imagination.
• As you focus on them, imagine yourself being surrounded by a vital, God-filled light.
• Now imagine the other person or group being surrounded by a similar light.
• As your imagination holds both these images, allow the lights gradually to merge into one.
• Rest in this image for a time.