How many different ways can you think of to welcome the day? I'll begin with ten ways. You match my ten with your ten.
1. Stand up and receive the day with outstretched arms.
2. Hold the day as if it were a new-born baby.
3. Shake the day's hand.
4. Kiss the day.
5. Hug the day.
6. Bow before the day.
7. Wash the day's feet. Foot-washing is an ancient action of hospitality.
8. Offer a Declaration of Welcome.
9. Greet the day as a friend arriving at the airport, train station, or bus depot.
10. See the oncoming day as a child sees a parade coming down the street or the circus coming into town.