Byron Katie describes her job as teaching people how to stop suffering. In 1986, she had an epiphany and realized that all suffering, including her own depression, anger, and addiction, comes from believing our thoughts. She delivered a four-step method of inquiry called The Work. It is based on four questions and has proven to be a life changing spiritual tool for millions. Katie is profiled in S&P's Living Spiritual Teachers Project.
Set to the backdrop of award-winning artist Hans Wilhelm's full color illustrations, this paperback contains inspiring aphorisms from Katie's writings and speeches. Here are a few examples:
• "Reality is always kinder than the story we tell about it."
• "The miracle of love comes to us in the present of the uninterrupted moment."
• "Everything happens for me, not to me."
• "The teacher you need is the person you're living with."
• "The last story: God is everything, God is good."