- "Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them — that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like."
— Lao Tzu
- "The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."
— Ferdinand Foch
- "Love is the total absence of fear. Love asks no questions. Its natural state is one of extension and expansion, not comparison and measurement."
— Gerald Jampolsky
Dr. Deanna Minich is an internationally recognized health expert with more than 20 years of experience in nutrition, mind-body health, and functional medicine. She teaches for the Institute for Functional Medicine and for the graduate program in functional medicine at the University of Western States. Her passion is bringing forth a whole-self approach in nourishment and bridging the gaps between science, soul, and art in medicine. Visit her at www.drdeannaminich.com,
The "whole self'" approach presented in this book blends together Eastern and Western medicine. Minich offers an integrative and practical resource for anyone interested in the health and well-being of the body, mind, and emotions.
Many of us have gone through weight loss regimens and detox programs, but this program aims to go further. Minich has come up with a twenty-one day program that will help you cleanse and revivify you body's seven health systems. The intention here is to deal with all types of toxins — the wide-ranging array of physical and emotional obstacles that hold you back from your truest expression of self.
The seven core systems of health are Root, Flow, Fire, Love, Truth, Insight, and Spirit. The crux of this process is what Minich calls "synergy: different elements working together to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts." Whole Detox suggests food choices, exercise, affirmations, colors, journaling, and other activities. This top-drawer guidebook's synergistic mind-body-spirit emphasis provides a pathway to full-spectrum living.
- "That inner voice has both gentleness and clarity. So to get to authenticity, you really keep going down to the bone, to the honesty, and the inevitability of something."
- — Meredith Monk
- "There is a universal, intelligent life force that exists within everyone and everything. It resides within each one of us as a deep wisdom, an inner knowing. We can access this wonderful source of knowledge and wisdom through our intuition, an inner sense that tells us what feels right and true for us at any given moment."
— Shakti Gawain
- "Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us."
— Wilma Rudolph
- "The new physics provides a modern version of ancient spirituality. In a Universe made out of energy, everything is entangled, everything is one."
— Bruce Lipton