In his book The Three Secrets of Aging John Robinson writes, "Aging is an initiation into a new and extraordinary phase of life, a profound transformation of self and consciousness, and the revelation of heaven and earth all around us." This e-course calls us to re-envision ourselves as vibrant and spirited elders. What would change if we each decided to finally claim our authentic voice? What if each of us saw this as our time to emerge from the chrysalis of our lives with a clarity and passion to live with creative and purposeful choices? And, what if we each decided to truly listen to ourselves and be open to the synergy of younger people in the creation of a new day, of a new world?
These are important questions to ponder when envisioning a thriving world at this time in history. How we view the aging process in our culture affects the way we choose to live our lives. We will explore expansive ways of aging gracefully and energetically as we cover these topics:
- What’s New with Old, Anyway?
- How Do I Stay Vibrant at Any Age?
- How Do I Choose to Show Up in the World?
- How Can I Create Meaningful Relationships?
- How Can I Truly Hear Another?
- How Do I Share the Joy of Nature With a Child?
- How Can I be An Inspiration To Others?
- What is a “Second Mountain” Journey?
This course consists of eight emails, sent to you Mondays and Thursdays over the course of a month. Each email includes:
- An introductory focus followed by reflections on the day's topic;
- A "Story behind the Story" that gives you a personal glimpse of the topic in action;
- Questions for thought and practice;
- A blessing;
- Additional resources to pursue for more information; and,
- An invitation to be part of the Practice Circle, a forum open 24/7 to our worldwide community for sharing questions and experiences that arise from the course.
Dave Bauer, Jerome Kerner, and Katia Petersen of Sage-ing International will be guiding the Practice Circle:
Dave Bauer is the CEO of The Change Circle and serves as a life coach, mindfulness mentor, environmental science teacher. Dave is also the founder of Creative Nature Play, a program that encourages the native curiosity in children for discovering wonder in nature. In 2016, he released his children’s nature book, What’s Under That Rock, Papa? Sharing time with his three adult children and six grandchildren is currently Dave’s favorite pastime.
Jerome Kerner is a Certified Sage-ing Leader and currently Co-Chair of Sage-ing International. An architect by profession, he has been involved for more than forty years with psychotherapeutic methods like Gestalt psychotherapy and Transgenerational Family Systems. A grandfather of seven and a great grandfather of two, he has the experience of five generations.
Katia Petersen PhD is Program Coordinator for Sage-ing International and President of Petersen Argo Inc., a transformational education company. She brings decades of experience as a psychotherapist, educator, author, and Emmy award recipient for outstanding educational programming. Known for her ability to touch and open the hearts of individuals, Katia is in demand as a motivational speaker, master trainer, and coach.
We are being called upon to gain the confidence and courage to claim our value personally, with our families, and with our communities. If you are looking for a vision of aging that strengthens and empowers, then this course is for you.
(4 CEHs for Chaplains available.)
Monday, June 1 - Thursday, June 25