See a gallery of 12 quotes on justice.
- Saints have a heart full of justice.
— Thomas Aquinas quoted in Confessions by Matthew Fox
- Dom Helder Camara counsels that we must carry a reverence for justice as a mother carries a reverence for her unborn child.
— Dom Helder Camara quoted in Lyrics for Re-Creation by James Conlon
- We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make, which, over time, add up to big differences we cannot foresee.
— Marian Wright Edelman
- There can be little growth in holiness without growth in a sense of social justice.
— Edward Hays in A Lenten Hobo Honeymoon
- This spiritual journey is often characterized by an intense passion for justice and liberation, especially in the face of exploitation and deprivation. The desire for justice is motivated not merely by the plight of appalling suffering, but by a deeper sense that love and well-being must prevail in the end.
— Diarmuid O'Murchu in Quantum Theology
- More than a few Christians might be surprised to learn that the call to be involved in creating justice for the poor is just as essential and nonnegotiable within the spiritual life as is Jesus' commandment to pray and keep our private lives in order.
— Ronald Rolheiser in The Holy Longing
- Stands must be taken. If I am to respect myself I have to search myself for what I believe is right and take a stand on what I find. Otherwise, I have not gathered together what I have been given; I have not embraced what I have learned; I lack my own conviction.
— Hugh Prather
- Do not be surprised or scandalized by the sinful and the tragic. Do what you can to be peace and to do justice, but never expect or demand perfection on this earth.
— Richard Rohr in Everything Belongs
- Justice is not an ideal state or theory but a matter of personal sensibility, a set of emotions that engage us with the world and make us care.
— Robert Solomon in A Passion for Justice
- To pursue the path of healing for our nation, we need to remember what we have endured. But we must not simply pass on the violence of that experience through the pursuit of punishment. We seek to do justice to the suffering without perpetuating the hatred aroused. We think of this as restorative justice.
— Archbishop Desmond Tutu quoted in Soul of a Citizen by Paul Rogat Loeb
- Believe in spiritual power to bring healing and justice to our lives and to this earth.
— Jim Wallis in The Soul of Politics
- Maybe Auden was right, and we read mystery stories to have evil put in its place, and to have justice and righteousness triumph over personal disorder and society's chaos.
— Stephen Kendrick in Holy Clues
More Quotes about Justice