See a gallery of 12 quotes about zeal.
- Living well is an art that can be developed: a love of life and ability to take great pleasure from small offerings and assurance that the world owes you nothing and that every gift is exactly that, a gift.
— Maya Angelou in Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now
- Many native cultures believe that the heart is the bridge between Father Sky and Mother Earth. For these traditions, the four-chambered heart, the source for sustaining emotional and spiritual health, is described as being full, open, clear, and strong. These traditions feel that it is important to check the condition of the four-chambered heart daily, asking: "Am I full-hearted, open-hearted, clear-hearted, and strong-hearted?"
— Angeles Arrien in The Four-Fold Way
- Any disaster you can survive is an improvement in your character, your stature, and your life. What a privilege!
— Joseph Campbell quoted in Full Esteem Aheadby Diane Loomans
- Only now have I finally realized that my life has been an unending field trip. And I have tried hard not to be a tourist. But to be an adventurer, a traveler, an explorer, a learner, and a pilgrim.
- — Robert Fulghum in Maybe
- Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe — a moment that never was before and never will be again.
— Pablo Casals in Full Esteem Ahead by Diane Loomans
- The noblest joy of the senses, the holiest piece of the heart, the most resplendent luster of all good works derives from this: that the creature puts his or her heart wholly into what he or she does.
— Mechtild of Magdeburg quoted in Meditations with Mechtild of Magdeburg edited by Sue Woodruff
- All the arts we practice are apprenticeship. The big art is our life.
— M. C. Richards quoted in The Artist's Way by Julie Cameron
- Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
— Howard Thurman
- The zest for life, which is the source of all passion and all insight, even divine, does not come to us from ourselves.... It is God who has to give us the impulse of wanting him.
— Pierre Teilhard de Chardin quoted in Spirit of Fire by Ursula King
- "Wholeheartedly" means that we give our time, love, and energy unstintingly.
— Ayya Khema quoted in Be an Island
- You feel your own life — your heart, your mind, your body, your sexuality, the people and things you are connected to — and you spontaneously fill with the exclamation: "God, it feels great to be alive!" That's delight.
— Ronald Rolheiser in The Holy Longing
More Quotes about Zeal