Deng Ming-Dao is an author, artist, philosopher, teacher, and martial artist. He is a master of Taoism and is featured in our Living Teachers Project. We have always appreciated his insights into Taoism, his tips for everyday spirituality, and his universally relevant spiritual practices.
This new impressive collection of Chinese wisdom contains 222 passages designed to open our hearts and minds. It focuses on two words — Heart and Beauty — as important markers of Taoism. Each is drenched in mystery.
Here are some of the topics covered:
- Human nature is good
- Free your heart, but don't lose it
- Help everyone get their own strength
- Take the world as one nation
- Let music rule your heart
- Not worrying what others think
- The way to gain people is through their hearts
- The portions of a lifespan
- Knowing how to sort things out
- Go beyond obstructions to Tao