This E-Course has started, but you are welcome to sign up at any time before the last day, Friday, October 30. When you do, you will find in your Spirituality & Practice account all the sessions that have gone out already. You can read them online in your account or resend then from your account to your inbox. Here is a video on how registered subscribers can access e-course materials: https://vimeo.com/283753660
Both Buddha and Jesus referred to our role as "lights in the world." This course advances that notion and provides steps to reclaim your original radiance, keep the lights burning, and discern which way to move with your torch in hand.
To reclaim our radiance requires a rise in spiritual intelligence, according to Jan Phillips. We learn steps to move ourselves beyond duality and into the Essential Oneness. During this extremely polarized time in which we live, our spiritual work is to synthesize us and them into a we.
This shift happens organically when we establish a spiritual practice and begin to pay attention to our thought patterns. From that place of awareness, we gradually develop skills in non-dual thinking and create new neural networks that support our progress. The upshot is two-fold: we develop a deeper, more authentic spiritual practice (yin) which leads to clarified insight about what we’re being called to do (yang).
We invite you to gain deep insight into this process through 12 e-course sessions delivered by emails on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Each email you receive will include:
- A link to a short video, poem, or song produced by Jan Phillips, which will set the stage for your inner work
- A brief commentary on the subject matter
- Questions for contemplation
- An invitation to the Practice Circle, a forum open 24-7 for the worldwide community of this e-course to share thoughts and questions, with Jan's guidance.''
- Two hour-long community gatherings on Zoom where you will have an opportunity to meet with other participants in small groups and then get feedback from Jan. The first will be Tuesday, Oct. 6 at 4 pm PT / 5 pm MT / 6 pm CT, 7 pm ET. The second will be Friday, Oct. 30 at 4 pm PT / 5 pm MT / 6 pm CT, 7 pm ET. Access information will be included in the e-course emails.
Some of the topics Jan will cover include:
- Rethinking our role as creators
- Renegotiating our relationship with time
- Understanding the role of desire in our life
- Undoing guilt and shame
- Harvesting the gems from our spiritual trajectory
- Clarifying what we believe and why we believe it.
Jan Phillips, a musician, poet, and videographer, uses the arts to open doors into your sacred potential and provide you with tools to raise your own spiritual intelligence. She is the author of ten award-winning books, and she has performed with Pete Seeger, worked for Mother Teresa, presented with Jane Goodall, and sung to Gladys Knight. She is profiled in Spirituality & Practice's Living Spiritual Teachers Project. One of her previous S&P e-courses, "Photography as a Spiritual Path," was met with such a swell of interest that we started a year-round Contemplative Photographers Practice Group inspired by her, now in its sixth year. Jan is also co- founder and director of the Livingkindness Foundation.
(4 CEHs for Chaplains available.) To register for this e-course, click on the "Subscribe to E-Course" button below.
Monday, October 5 - Friday, October 30