- Scott Russell Sanders praises the spirituality of place where being present is a means of savoring all that is around us.
- John Welwood identifies the art of being truly present as an essential ingredient of spiritual practice.
- Poet Robert Haas presents haiku by three Japanese masters of this poetic form that emphasizes the importance of the present moment.
- Wendy M. Wright pays tribute to porches as wonderful places to practice being present.
- Asma Gull Hasan praises Sufis for their ability to practice contentment in the present moment, no matter what the circumstance.
More Book Excerpts about Being Present