See a gallery of 12 quotes on connections.
- Make a bed for the children of other people in the place where your own children sleep.
— Moroccan folk saying quoted in Wisdom of the African World edited by Reginald McKnight
- Everything is integral and interacts with everything else. This means that nothing is itself without everything else. There is a commonality, an integrity, an intimacy of the universe with itself.
— Thomas Berry quoted in Listening to the Landby Derrick Jensen
- Steven Foster once said to me that loneliness is the teacher of giving. Aloneness teaches us how we are really connected to and interdependent with everything.
— Steven Foster quoted in The Fruitful Darknessby Joan Halifax
- Spiritual practice among Lakota peoples is grounded in the expression "All my relations," which proclaims that spiritual activity is not only for those immediately participating in it but for all beings everywhere.
— Joan Halifax in The Fruitful Darkness
- I cannot exist without in some sense taking part in you, in the child I once was, in the breeze stirring the down on my arm, in the child starving far away, in the flashing round of the spiral nebula.
— Catherine Keller quoted in Lighting a Candleby Molly Young Brown
- If everything is connected to everything else, then everyone is ultimately responsible for everything. We can blame nothing on anyone else. The more we comprehend our mutual interdependence, the more we fathom the implications of our most trivial acts. We find ourselves within a luminous organism of sacred responsibility.
— Laurence Kushner in Invisible Lines of Connection
- If someone kills a butterfly, it could cause an earthquake in a galaxy a trillion light-years away.
— Madeleine L'Engle quoted in Suncatcher by Carole Chase
- Every drop of blood that falls in Tibet or Cambodia or Gallipoli or Iraq lands upon our shoes and spatters the hem of our best suit.
— Mark Collins in On the Road to Emmaus
- As we become increasingly aware of our global interdependence as a species, we can also deepen awareness of our spiritual interconnectedness. We cannot live in total isolation. The crosscultural communion of awakened souls may be a key to cocreating a sustainable future and living in harmony with the earth.
— Frances Vaughan in Shadows of the Sacred
- If we look deeply into the evolution of our species, we see that in former times we have been a rock, a tree, and an animal.
— Thich Nhat Hanh in Going Home
- We find God on the Internet because it binds us all as One.
— Joshua Hammerman in thelordismyshepherd.com
- Everything that is in the heavens, on earth, and under the earth is penetrated with connectedness, penetrated with relatedness.
— Hildegard of Bingen quoted in The Sun & Moon Over Assisi by Gerard Thomas Straub
More Quotes about Connections