Every religious tradition encourages us to be joyful and celebrate. Here are examples:
- Geri Larkin in Tap Dancing in Zen presents a story about why the Dalai Lama laughs so much.
- Happy at Work by Bernie S. Siegel tells a teaching story that illuminates the importance of our attitude.
- In Simple Living, Native American teacher Jose Hobday reveals how she came to enjoy applause.
- In This Is for Everyone: Universal Principles of Healing Prayer and the Jewish Mystics, Rabbi Douglas Goldhamer and Melinda Stengel share a story about how the Baal Shem Tov wanted even his opponents to experience joy.
- Victoria Moran in Shelter for the Spirit gives a description of an unusual birthday celebration — for Mozart!
More Teaching Stories/Scenes about Joy