See a gallery of 12 quotes on unity.
- Our true reality is in our identity and unity with all life.
— Joseph Campbell quoted in Shadow Dance by David Richo
- I am part and parcel of the whole and cannot find God apart from the rest of humanity.
— Mahatma Gandhi quoted in Peacemaking by James Forest
- When the Jew, the Christian, the Moslem, the Hindu and the Buddhist open themselves in prayer, in meditation, to the transcendent mystery, going beyond the word, beyond thought, simply opening themselves to the light, to the truth, to reality, then the meeting takes place. That is where humanity will be united. Only through transcendence can we find unity.
— Bede Griffiths quoted in The Other Half of My Soul compiled by Beatrice Bruteau
- A spiritual sensibility encourages us to see ourselves as part of the fundamental unity of all being. If the thrust of the market ethos has been to foster a competitive individualism, a major thrust of many traditional religious and spiritual sensibilities has been to help us see our connection with all other human beings.
— Michael Lerner in The Politics of Meaning
- You can't tell when this will happen. Usually we act as if we were autonomous, independent beings. But occasionally — at a waterfall, on a walk, hugging someone we love — we glimpse a trace of infinity. Something inside us remembers the oneness.
— Daniel C. Matt in God & The Big Bang
- We are already one. But we imagine that we are not. And what we have to recover is our original unity. What we have to be is what we are.
— Thomas Merton in Thomas Merton: Essential Writings edited by Christine Bochen
- Only the unity of all can bring the well-being of all.
— Robert Muller quoted in Full Esteem Ahead by Diane Loomans
- Only when we have the courage to cross the road and look in one another's eyes can we see there that we are children of the same God and members of the same human family.
— Henri J. M. Nouwen in Bread for the Journey
- The Mayans say, "I am another one of Yourself." In this manner the Mayans stress that every life-form reflects every other life-form and that all originate from the same Original Source.
— Jamie Sams quoted in The Paradigm Conspiracy by Denise Breton and Christopher Largent
- A thousand forms will come and go, a million worlds will rise and fall, a billion souls will love and laugh and languish fast and die, and One Taste alone will embrace them all.
— Ken Wilber in One Taste
- I support you;
you support me.
I am in this world to offer you peace;
you are in this world to bring me joy.
— Thich Nhat Hanh in Call Me by My True Names
- Whenever we take the trouble to plumb the depths of an experience and extract from it all it contains, the simplest as well as the most hidden, we cease to speak of ourselves and ourselves alone. Instead, we enter the realm of the most precious, the realm of universal experience, which we share with all others.
— Jacques Lusseyran in Against the Pollution of the I
More Quotes about Unity