Hindu and Buddhist spiritual masters use focusing techniques to maintain their attention on a single point until they become 'one pointed' — totally absorbed by the object upon which they are meditating. This is a powerful transformational tool, because attention cause magnification.
The following meditation focuses your attention on your heart center to magnify the quality of the energy found there, which includes love, wisdom, inspiration, and compassion.
1. Sit comfortably and place your hands together in a prayer position in front of your heart.
2. Spend a few minutes noticing what sensations, experiences, sounds, colors, fragrances, and textures are found there.
3. Keep your attention on your heart — which is actually an energy center called a charka, a powerful doorway to accessing your heart energies.
1. Benefits accrue over time, so try maximizing the time you spend focused on your heart by placing attention there as you walk, commute, shower, eat, sing, talk, and relax.
2. Keep your attention on your heart throughout the day; let it become the default resting place for your attention.