Many people love the poetry of Jalaluddin Rumi, the 13th century Sufi master. Relatively few have a sense of the coherent and universal spiritual teaching that underlies his unforgettable images and metaphors that have captured so many hearts.
Rumi has a way of expressing the most startling and important spiritual truths in simple, direct, and unforgettable metaphors like this:
Water says to the one who has gotten dirty: Come!
The dirty one answers: But I’m so ashamed . . .
Water answers: But how will you get clean without me!
Poetry is the language of the soul, and for Rumi it was his passion to share with us his realization: There is an unseen but immanent, majestic yet tender REALITY we cannot afford to live without. And there is some work we can do to remove what stands in the way of our perceiving this Truth/Beauty and our being transformed by it.
Kabir and Camille Helminski, who developed this e-course, have been on Rumi’s path for more than 45 years, as translator, authors, and spiritual teachers. You will receive:
- Daily emails containing carefully selected gems from Rumi with insights and commentaries by Kabir and Camille.
- Audio clips so you can hear these selections in the voices of Kabir and Camille.
- Four short meditations recorded by Camille. Listen to them in streaming audio or download it to your computer or mp3 player.
- A "Task of the Day" to bring Rumi's message into your spiritual life.
- A recommended six-step process for "Conscious Reflection on the Poetry."
- Access to an online Practice Circle where you can share with our worldwide community your reflections on each day's poem and your experiences of bringing it into your daily life. Matthew Wright, a dervish in the Mevlevi Order founded by Rumi, will be available in the Practice Circle to answer questions and offer further insights about how we can apply Rumi's wisdom to our lives.
Over the four weeks, the e-course will work with these themes:
- The Nature of a Human Being
- Living a Spiritual Life
- Increasing Our Capacity for Love
- Spiritual Maturity
Sign up today and explore living a spiritual life with Rumi, one of the greatest spiritual masters of all times.
(4 CEHs for Chaplains available.)