- Mahandra Jani and Vandana Jani write about devotional practices of Hindus in their homes.
- Wayne Muller sees the Sabbath as a devotional oasis in the week, a time to lie fallow and give thanks for all our blessings.
- Paul Pearson discusses icons in the Eastern Orthodox tradition as tangible evidence of God's love and reminders that we are not alone as we enter into prayer.
- Brian Doyle unpacks some of the devotional meanings of the sign of the cross.
- Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi explores devotion as a process of ongoing discovery and personal renewal, especially as we try to name God.
More Book Excerpts about Devotion