As you speak the lines, remember to bring in the feeling of the heart to go with the words. It can be worthwhile memorizing the lines or similar lines to enable a loving presence to be steady in the heart whenever we are in contact with others.
To the Unfriendly
- May your bitterness and resentment subside quickly.
- May you understand the pain you cause yourself and others.
- May you explore fresh ways to explore differences.
- May you see into the fear behind the anger.
- May you develop equanimity when things do not go your way.
- May others stop being angry toward you.
- May you realize that anger does not cease with anger.
- May others listen to you and you listen to others.