Nan C. Merrill is the founder and editor of Friends of Silence, a monthly newsletter, who has served with urban parish teams, facilitated retreats, and been engaged in prison ministry for more than 30 years. Her book Psalms for Praying: An Invitation to Wholeness was recently published in a tenth anniversary edition. This paperback offers a journey into Love via many pilgrimage paths. Here are the roads covered:
• The Road to Damascus is the journey St. Paul took, and it involves opening to grace.
• Preparation for the Journey begins with the inward gaze.
• The Road into the Wilderness is the one taken by John the Baptist and his humble way.
• The Road Through the Wilderness covers the temptations of Christ.
• The Road to Jericho compels us to look deeply at the Parable of the Good Samaritan and its meaning for our lives.
• The Road to Jerusalem leads to Jesus' suffering and death on the cross.
• The Road to Emmaus is one we take when overcome by praise and gratitude.
• The Road to Galilee is the one we take as we are led by the Spirit of Truth, our angels, and our guides.
Throughout this paperback, Merrill shares her ideas on feminine consciousness, the importance of silence, the guidance of dreams, the miracle of grace, and the process of entering Biblical stories. Traveling these roads with the author as a tour guide, we relish the LoveConsciousness (her word) that animates this devotional journey.