See a gallery of 12 quotes about attention.
- The quality of one's life depends on the quality of attention. Whatever you pay attention to will grow more important in your life.
— Deepak Chopra in Ageless Body, Timeless Mind
- When you gaze at an object, you bring blessing to it. For through contemplation, you know that it is absolutely nothing without the divinity that permeates it. By means of this awareness, you draw greater vitality to that object from the divine source of life.
— Dov Baer of Mezritch quoted in The Temple in the House by Anthony Lawlor
- Just being awake, alert, attentive is no easy matter. I think it is the greatest spiritual challenge that we face.
— Diana L. Eck in Encountering God
- Emotions respond immediately to the truth of things. They are the most alert form of attention.
— James Hillman quoted in Shadows of the Heart by James D. and Evelyn E. Whitehead
- There is a way that nature speaks, that land speaks. Most of the time we are simply not patient enough, quiet enough, to pay attention to the story.
— Linda Hogan quoted in Listening to the Land edited by Derrick Jensen
- Attention is the intention to live without reservation in the here-and-now.
— Timothy Miller in How To Want What You Have
- For lack of attention a thousand forms of loveliness elude us every day.
— Evelyn Underhill
- To see the preciousness of all things, we must bring our full attention to life. Spiritual practice can bring us to this awareness without a trip to space.
— Jack Kornfield in A Path With Heart
- An Apache trained acquaintance of mine used to throw his head back, laugh into the sky and say — "What will you buy with your attention today?"
— Scout Cloud Lee in The Circle Is Sacred
- Just remember that those things that get attention flourish.
— Victoria Moran in Shelter for the Spirit
- Permit me to say without reservation that if all people were attentive, if they would undertake to be attentive every moment of their lives, they would discover the world anew. They would suddenly see that the world is entirely different from what they had believed it to be.
— Jacques Lusseyran in Against the Pollution of the I
More Quotes about Attention