Stories are some of the best teachers of the way of compassion and its importance in daily life.
- In Rummaging for God, Melannie Svoboda talks about having compassion for yourself.
- Lama Surya Das in Awakening the Buddha Within tells a story about a teacher who empathized with a dog's pain.
- Zalman Schachter-Shalomi relates a story about the compassion of Reb Shlomo.
- Joan Chittister shares a teaching story on the human capacity to look out for and even save other creatures in the name of compassion.
- Estelle Frankel includes a Hasidic tale about a compassionate Reb.
More Teaching Stories/Scenes about Compassion