- Let Your Life Speak: Parker J. Palmer talks about his pilgrimage toward selfhood and vocation, which for him involves both listening and discernment.
- Lectio Divina: M. Basil Pennington discusses lectio divina as a way of listening to how God speaks through "His inspired and inspiring Word."
- The Practice of Prayer: Margaret Guenther regards prayer as both listening to the Holy One and expressing our innermost feelings and desires.
- Benedict's Way: Lonni Collins Pratt and Daniel Homan acknowledge the supreme value of the practice of listening in the rule of St. Benedict.
- Teachings of Sufism: Carl W. Ernst explains the spiritual practice of listening to music in Sufism.
- Awakening Intuition: Mona Lisa Schulz contends that intuition is the language of the soul that must be listened to seriously.
- Parent as Mystic, Mystic as Parent: David Spangler believes that one dimension of the parent as mystic involves listening with love.
- At Home with Dying: Merrill Collett is convinced that empathetic listening is an essential craft in caring for the dying.
- One Continuous Mistake: Gail Sher singles out listening as a paramount value for aspiring writers.
More Books about Listening