- Mark Kramer shows us the shadow side of urban living and it is not a pretty picture.
- Edward Tick looks at the plight of veterans as they experience the shadow side of war and struggle to keep their souls alive.
- Connie Zweig wants us to confront the shadow characters in our psyche and become familiar with their voices.
- Kurt Vonnegut exposes the shadow of America in images that we would rather not ponder or try to rectify.
- William Sloane Coffin takes a hard look at self-righteousness as the shadow of faith.
More Book Excerpts about Shadow