See a gallery of 12 quotes on kindness.
- If the earth does grow inhospitable toward human presence, it is primarily because we have lost our sense of courtesy toward the earth and its inhabitants.
— Thomas Berry quoted in Rummaging for Godby Melannie Svoboda
- Teach us to remember the little courtesies, to be swift to speak the grateful and happy word, to believe rejoicingly in each other's best, and to face all life bravely because we face it with united heart.
— Walter Russell Bowie quoted in The Gift of Prayer edited by Jared Kieling
- Appreciative words are the most powerful force for good on the earth.
— George W. Crane quoted in Full Esteem Aheadby Diane Loomans
- Kindness trumps greed: it asks for sharing. Kindness trumps fear: it calls forth gratefulness and love. Kindness trumps even stupidity, for with sharing and love, one learns.
— Marc Estrin quoted in Prayers for a Thousand Years edited by Elizabeth Roberts and Elias Amidon
- Be kind to people whether they deserve your kindness or not. If your kindness reaches the deserving, good for you; if your kindness reaches the undeserving, take joy in your compassion.
— James Fadiman and Robert Frager in Essential Sufism
- When you give something you feel good, because at that time you feel at one with what you are giving.
— Shunryu Suzuki-roshi quoted in At Home with Dying edited by Merrill Collett
- Great things happen, blessed encounters take place when you throw yourself on God's mercy and peoples' kindness.
— Jose Hobday in Stories of Awe and Abundance
- There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; my philosophy is kindness.
— The Dalai Lama
- The kindnesses of others fertilize our soul, they become a part of who we are, and we carry them and their love. We feel this when people die, how their gifts remain alive in us.
— Wayne Muller in How, Then, Shall We Live?
- If there is any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again.
— William Penn quoted in Lent by Megan McKenna
- Practice kindness, particularly when you feel irritated or things are not going well. Kindness hardly ever goes wrong.
— Lewis Richmond in Work as a Spiritual Practice
More Quotes about Kindness